Although personal injuries from car accidents are the most common legal claims, slip and fall accidents also frequently occur. The facts surrounding slip and fall accident cases can become extremely complex. For those who slip and fall in a public place, hiring a competent personal injury lawyer can help determine whether an accident was the fault of a business or if a victim possesses a legitimate case of personal injury.
Though businesses might have their own personal injury lawyer to claim comparative negligence, a business usually is considered responsible for the safetyof all patrons. Slip and fall accidents can result in many serious industries, all with the possibility of incurring expensive medical bills. Most slip and fall accident victims do not have the ability to pay for the hefty medical bills. Each slip and fall accident requires certain measures to determine whether an accident victim receives a settlement for pain and suffering, medical bills, and loss of income.
- Immediately seek medical assistance. Obtain treatment for all injuries and follow through with allreferrals, treatments, or other actions advised by your physician. Be certain to keep complete and organized records of each visit to your physician. It’s also important to have the physician’s office record all the associated data in the instance you have a personal injury case at a later time.
- Report your slip and fall incident to the business manager orproperty owner. If you have to get medical treatment before contacting them, immediately follow up when you return home. Get one copy of the report that lists the accident’s details.
- Avoid getting emotional or angry with the business or property owner. Do not admit to fault and do not argue with any employees.
- Take photographs of the area where the accident occurred. Because of modern smartphones, many individuals have a camera allowing them to capture photos anywhere. If possible, note any details that might pertain to the accident or that have contributed to the fall in any way.
- Speak to a personal injury lawyer first.Do not speak directly to the insurance provider. Never sign any paperwork, which includes an accident report. A personal injury lawyer has the know-how required to protect your rights and make sure you don’tforfeit any compensation you’re entitled to for medical bills. The injuries you sustained might not be immediately evident, and you may sign away compensation prior to pursuing suitable medical treatment.
- Store shoes and clothing in a safe place to show they weren’t the cause of your accident.Slip and fall incidents happen all of the time as the consequence of negligence on the part of a business owner. Your personal injury lawyer has dealt with similar cases and knows what the next measure should be.
West Palm Beach Auto Accident Attorney
To determine if you may have grounds for a personal injury suit in Florida due to injuries and damages sustained in a car accident, contact Scott J. Sternberg & Associates, P.A., located in Boca Raton and West Palm Beach, Florida by calling 561-419-9377. You can also fill out the contact form located on the right side of this page.
Articles Related to Slip and Fall Accidents:
- Slip and Fall Accidents on the Rise for Seniors
- Is a Grocery Store Responsible for a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Industrial Accidents and Workplace Falls Especially High Among Latinos